Hello I'm RustyGunzz
This is my first grow i admit i didn't document it very well at least not what i could have done. I will give you guys the best description of what ive been through since im currently in week 7 of flower and getting ready to harvest. So this grow is taking place in a 4x8 tent with a 1000w MH/HPS light and a 300w LED im running a fully hydroponic setup and using general hydroponics nutrients and feeding chart for their simple program. So let's get to the good stuff. It all started like this..........
I ordered some feminized seeds online and once they arrived I quickly got to germinating them in some mineral wool cubes in an incubation dome under the 300w LED
Now i ran into a problem as some of my equipment was delayed after the holidays so these like girls ended up staying under the dome for about 3 weeks which was way too long. If your wondering about the display the top number is humidity and the bottom is degrees in Celsius
So once I got the buckets in and filled them up with the right ph and nutrients added the little gals were added and quickly adapted to their new homes
This is after a week in the buckets they all are doing this well and loving it
I did have a water leak in the first couple days but that was quickly dealt with by adding some clamps to the tubing and other than some ph fluctuations no other problems at this point.
This is about 2 weeks and topped... 1 of the 4 didnt take to kindly to getting pruned this one below was starting to be known as the big girl.
This is the 1 who didnt like the very light pruning i had attempted although i made a rookie mistake i think and was a little rough with her she was stressed out....
I was also struggling to keep the humidity up in the tent you cant see the display but it was around 35-40% which was too low at this stage and definitely stunted the growth of this plant and possibly the others at this stage
This is the big girl after 3 weeks if i remember correctly she had some deficiencies showing on the leaves but recovered nicely after some fresh water and nutrients were added.
Even the little one who was stressed out earlier took a turn for the better at this point... you can see on the display just how dry it would get at some points in that tent 28% humidity was about as low as it would go this pick must have been right in the morning before i got the humidifier up and running again
Here you can see the other 2 plants at this stage with the big girl off to the right of the pic
I dont know why but i choose to delay flowering by a week to try and get some more growth out of these girls I was also going to scrog them. Well I didnt setup the scrog net in time the plants were too tall when i tried to put the netting in and couldnt get it tight so i bailed on that idea and yeah switched over to the HPS and set my timers up for 12-12 and off I went to flower stage
Here is once the HPS was changed
So i didnt defoliate at all i was very wary of any major pruning after stunting their growth early on.
First week of flowering i decided to take some pics of the roots... i was a mazed at just how much was in those buckets. no this was not the first time i looked at them i had been checking them regularly for root rot and other root issues but gladly my roots were and still are great here some root porn....
The stretch in the first week was just awesome and by week 2 we started seeing buds
Another week or so and look at all the tops and that was just one plant
3 Weeks into flower and all is well with the grow was fighting the day time heat at this point the tent is open all day as not to get to hot in there but these girls dont seem to mind
It was about this time I ran into a circulation problem in my system the roots clogged the water return line to the reservoir so i decided to stop the water pump and manually turn it on to circulate water 2-3 times a day again the girls didnt seem to mind at this point they just water more and more of it
Here we are week 5 of flower and nothing stopping us now closing in on the end and happy with the results so far
And here now its the end of week 7 these pics were taken 4 days ago
and another wider view....
Again this was my first grow I think its gone well i learned some things to do next time and what not to do, gotta make some changes to the setup and still looking to get an A/C unit in that tent the summer here can get hot. I hope you enjoy my log i will try and keep this updated and log my next grow a little better.